Sunday, September 03, 2006

What a way to spend a Friday Evening................

If its not one thing its another.

Friday night while I was cooking tea, Craig and the kids were out on the trampoline, next thing I know eveyone way rushing in and Jasper was crying (not screaming just crying) Craig was shaking his head, OMG this is all we need. We layed him on the couch and tried to get him to move it so we can see if it is broken or not. He would not bend it but he could still move his fingers, so we phone the hospital. No doctor on duty here, they say they will have to get the one on call to come down or we could go to him (65kms away) We phone the "on call" doctors hospital to see if they have an x-ray machine but they don't. They say they could plaster it then send us to a bigger hospital. Oh the joys of country living. So we decide to take him to the Bendigo Hospital. (over an hour away) And to cut a long story short, we leave home at 6.30pm and arrive home 2am the next morning with his arm in plaster.

He broke it just above the elbow. Here are a few photos (taken on my phone) of him waiting to get an x-ray. He was in quite good spirts, very brave. By the time the Dr came to put the plaster on he was sound asleep which made things a lot easier because they could move his arm around without causing him any pain.
















Saturday arvo I took out all of the 60 something braids in Chloes hair. It only took over an hour to do because her hair is much thicker than Georgia's. She was not really impressed with us calling her a frizzy lion as you can see by the look on her face LOL.

Sorry photos won't upload

1 more photo of Jasper in a sling.

1 piece of exciting news, my dear friends Kirk and Felicity had a baby boy today. No name as yet as he was a month early. Can't remember the exact weigh but he was 5 pounds something, I was to excited when she rang, all the info just went out of my head. (Bri, do you know his exact weight????)

I still have no new news on my blood. The only thing I know is that I will be going to see a haematologist in Melbourne sometime in the future to discus my options. I must also say a big thank you to Lusi, I came across her blog via Belindas and read that she had the blood disorder as I have. I asked her some questions and she was kind enough to answer them, thanks Lusi, It was so nice to talk to someone who has been through the same thing.

Well thats about all,

Take care and talk soon

Cherie xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cherie...it would seem it doesnt rain but pours in your house too...you poor thing.

    I hope Jasper is feeling ok and adjusting to his plaster....what a huge night that was for you all.

    Good luck with your blood results and the haematologist ....I hope you get the options and advice you want.

    Thanks also for visiting my Blog lately....I really love to receive your comments...and I promise to be not so whingey in the future...LOL

    Look after yourself
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete