Monday, March 31, 2008

My Home Town
CHARLTON.....
Mardi recently put a little challenge on her blog to post some pictures of the place you live, here is mine:
(please click on photo and it will enlarge)



There were to many photos to blog individually so I made a collage.

I will tell you what each photo is going left to right starting at the top row.
Welcome sign as you come in to town on the Calder Highway
Charlton College, this is were my children go to school
another school shot
Travellers Rest Playground
Big Fish
Tennis Club
Vale of Avoca B&B
Wooden Man
Entry into Golf Course
Sign
View from Golf Course
Health Centre
Driver Ed Track
The best place to get your car fixed...LOL....Walsh Motors
Silos
Avoca River (photo taken several years ago when there was water in it)
Morning sun rising over Avoca River
School again
school again
(last row same as 2nd row)
I did miss one important landmark, our local picture theatre "REX"
So here is a link to it "Rex Theatre"
and here is a some more info on Charlton if you need to know more
Till next time,
Take care and love to all
Cherie xx



3 comments:

  1. Cherie....thankyou for show casing your town....Charlton is a beautiful spot....and even though I have driven through there on our way to Melb....I hadnt seen all the spots you photographed. Isnt it interesting they call the school a collage...and I love the Avoca River...its just beautiful.
    Thankyou....Ill add a link to my blog....Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved taking a peek into where you live Cherie. Someday I will come and visit - promise!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Belinda
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all these beautiful pics of where you live Cherie! I've never been there myself but it looks like a lovely area!

    Sheree xx

    PS. I always love the music you play here on your blog... I think we have very similar tastes!

    ReplyDelete